CRICOS Course Code: 059871K Campus location: Sydney
Duration: 12 weeks
Fees: Please refer to our Price List.
At Mercury Colleges, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your desired IELTS score. Our experienced teachers and a proven curriculum will guide you on your journey to English proficiency.
Why choose IELTS Preparation at Mercury Colleges?
- Highly qualified and experienced teachers
- Expert guidance for success
- Comprehensive course materials
- Intensive practice in all four IELTS modules
- Regular mock tests and feedback
- Tailored to your specific needs
- Convenient location in the heart of Sydney
The IELTS Preparation course aims to:
- provide learners with specific information about the IELTS test, about its length, how it is conducted and structured, what kinds of questions there are, and how it is assessed
- advise learners about how to manage the test as successfully as possible as well as provide them with tips that will help them to complete the test within the time allowed and to get the best mark possible
- help learners develop new critical thinking skills and reflective learning strategies in order to become more analytical and effective learners
- improve learners’ academic and general English language skills
- equip students with the skills and knowledge to take the IELTS examination (general or academic)
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- understand up-to-date information on what is in the IELTS Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking Tests
- appreciate how IELTS candidates are assessed
- use and apply specific skills and strategies for the IELTS tests
- comprehend general and specific ideas contained in spoken and written texts
- think critically and analytically
- engage in IELTS topics for conversation: talk about themselves, their family, friends and homeland, natural environment, communication and technology
- infer meaning from spoken and written texts
- use strategies to help with unknown vocabulary
- provide a written description of graphs and tables
- write short essays on current affairs and human issues
Entry Requirements: IELTS 5 or successful completion of English course at Intermediate level or equivalent.
This course is delivered face to face in a classroom, 20 hours per week.
Assessment during the course is conducted on a weekly basis. The course program incorporates practice tests and tasks specific to IELTS examinations and students are given both oral and written feedback on their results.
On successful completion of the IELTS Preparation course, students receive a certificate stating the general English level attained by the end of the course.