EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR TEACHERS
Mercury Colleges prides itself on attracting the very best teachers available in Sydney and Adelaide. A high-quality team not only provides the best service to our students but generates College growth through word of mouth.
To be a Mercury teacher, you need to not only have the basic training and qualifications, but the following personal qualities:
- clear speech and native English (or so close that it does not matter)
- a passion for teaching
- enthusiastic engagement with the students and other staff
- the ability to explain concepts patiently and well
- the ability to deliver interesting and varied lessons
- a caring nature; nurturing students facing the challenges of life in a foreign culture
- a good sense of humour
- professional in attitude
- the right to work in Australia.
English Language Teachers need to have the following qualifications:
- a degree, and
- a TESOL certificate such as CELTA
Teaching experience is not as important as the essential personal qualities we seek. Such qualities cannot be adopted or learnt. Teaching techniques, of course, can. These are discussed in regular professional development sessions and staff meetings.
VET Business Teachers need to have the following qualifications:
- the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40122)
- the relevant vocational qualifications such as the Advanced Diploma of Management, the Diploma of Management, Certificate IV or III in Business
- relevant experience in the business world – preferably current and ongoing but at least within the last two years
- a workplace currency matrix mapping the Mercury units of competency with your experience and qualifications (this can be explained if necessary)
- evidence of your own professional development i
Application for Employment from teachers matching the Mercury criteria are always welcome. Email your cv to Mercury Colleges Human Resources, email@example.com.